spot_img
Thursday, August 20, 2026
More
    spot_img
    HomeGolfFBC Holdings Group retains Zim Open title sponsorship

    FBC Holdings Group retains Zim Open title sponsorship

    -

    One of Zimbabwe’s top financial institutions FBC Holdings Group has retained the Zimbabwe Open sponsorship for the 2025 edition after committing US$200 000 for the tournament’s prize fund.

    The FBC Zimbabwe Open is set to take place from May 4 – 11, 2025 at Royal Harare Golf Club.

    It is the fourth year that FBC will be the main sponsors for the event since they took over in 2022.

    “Today, we are pleased to announce that the FBC Group has committed a sponsorship of US$200,000 towards the 2025 Zimbabwe Open for Tournament. Allow me to emphasise that, as FBC Group, we are proud to be the sponsors of the 2025 Zimbabwe Open tournament,” FBC Holdings Group chief executive officer Trynos Kufazvineyi said at the launch press conference on Monday.

    Zimbabwe Open Committee chairperson Livingston Gwata revealed that event will for the first time including charitable initiatives with a drive to raise cancer awareness and treatment.

    “In addition to golf development goals, we are pleased to announce that the 2025 event will provide a platform to facilitate the mobilisation of funds towards a charitable cause. The noble initiative will this term around focus on cancer treatment and we call upon both members of the public and corporate bodies to join us in making a difference to the wellness of our community. We will be sharing details of how you can participate in the coming weeks,” he said.

    Last year’s event saw some of the country’s top professional golfers namely brothers Scott and Kieran Vincent, Ben Follett-Smith, Robson Chinhoi and Stuart Krog taking part.

    As a result Zimbabwe had three players in the top 10 and two in the top five.

    But this year it’s looks like the Vincent brothers will not be available while Follett-Smith is also a doubt, leaving Chinhoi and Krog as the country’s title hopefuls.

    A total of 144 golfers are expected to take part in the event.

    At least 17 local professional golfers and five amateurs will be in the draw.

    Related articles

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Stay Connected

    0FansLike
    535FollowersFollow
    spot_img

    Latest posts