Kieran Vincent shines with opening 65 at Moutai Singapore Open

0
24
SINGAPORE: Kieran Vincent of Zimbabwe pictured on Thursday, November 6, 2025, during Round One of the 2025 Moutai Singapore Open at Singapore Island Country Club (Millennium and Pierce). The US$2,000,000 event is staged from November 6-9, 2025. Picture by Graham Uden / Asian Tour.

By Zim Sport Live Writer

Zimbabwean golf star Kieran Vincent shot a scintillating eight-under-par 65 to put himself in strong contention after Thursday’s opening round of the Moutai Singapore Open.

Vincent, the younger brother of International Series Rankings leader Scott Vincent, ended the day just one shot behind overnight leader Jeunghun Wang of Korea.

The 27-year-old has been steadily rediscovering his best form in his first season since being relegated from the LIV Golf League. Last month, he claimed a share of third place at the Jakarta International Championship, marking his best finish of the season — and Thursday’s round suggests his momentum is continuing.

Playing alongside Germany’s Dominic Foos and American Micah Shin, who both carded matching 66s, Vincent said the competitive energy in his group spurred him on.

“I was trying to play catch up to my playing partners,” Vincent said. “They got off to a flyer as well, and I thought, I can’t miss out on this party. We were feeding off some good energy out there, both Dominic and Micah.”

Meanwhile his brother Scott will have some work to do in the second round after carding a level par round of 72 on Thursday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here